Soon after theÂ Firefox 6 final version, Mozilla organization has released a new publicÂ beta version of Firefox 7. In this case, the updated browser is available in versions for desktopÂ operating systemsWindows, Mac OS X and Linux, and mobile â€“ Android.
New features inÂ FirefoxÂ 7 betaÂ for Windows, Mac and Linux:
- Reduced memory consumption and improved management of
- AddedÂ a new rendering engine, accelerating the work onÂ WindowsÂ Canvas
- Sync your bookmarks and passwords when usingÂ FirefoxÂ Sync is now faster
- AddedÂ support for new-style pop-up text CSS 3:Â ellipsis
- AddedÂ support for specification of Web Timing, which measures the speed of loading pages and site navigation (help developers improve their sites)
- AddedÂ a system that allows users to send performance data to Mozilla, which will improve future versions ofÂ FirefoxÂ (add-Telemetry)
- Fixed several stability issues
New features inÂ FirefoxÂ 7 beta for Android:
- Copy and paste: you need to make a long press on the web page and start selecting text using a familiar drag on Android style pointers.
- Click Android action wasÂ addedÂ to the â€œExitâ€: after restartingÂ Firefox, you can quickly proceed to the place where the user stopped by restoring all theÂ individualÂ tabs or the previous session.
- WhenÂ FirefoxÂ is started for the first time, it determines the language setting Android device, and automatically switches to that language (if supported), you can also switch to another language with one click.
- Increased speed and performance when you run the browser and rendering pages.
- Improved rendering of images on the tablets and smartphones based on NVIDIA Tegra.
- WebSocket API isÂ now availableÂ inÂ FirefoxÂ to Android.
Follow us onÂ TwitterÂ or join ourÂ FacebookÂ fanpage to keep yourself updated on all the latestnewsÂ from Apple, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo, Gadgets and the Web.